Cheesy Potato Crockpot Soup
What You'll Need:
1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth (4 cups)
1 1/2 cups chopped onions (about 1 large onion)
5 cups diced peeled potatoes (I used about 6 russet potatoes)
12 slices of yellow American cheese (8 oz)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
optional toppings: scallions and crumbled bacon bits
How You'll Do It:
1. Place 1/4 cup broth in separate container and refrigerate. In crockpot, mix chopped onions, diced potatoes and remaining broth.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.*
3. Increase heat to high. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth. Add to cooker, stir. Cover, heat to simmering and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until thickened.
4. Break sliced cheese into pieces and stir in crockpot until well melted.
5. If desired, top with bacon bits and/or scallions - Enjoy!