The Search for YUM and fun in Long Island: Part 1 of 3!

This weekend I had a bridal shower to go to in Long Island so my husband and I decided to make a weekend of it - we even took a cute little convertible for the trip! My first thought was all of the awesome food I would get to have on an adventure weekend away! My next thought was what will I pack?!

We live about 10 minutes away from the Cross Sound Ferry. So it only takes us an hour and a half boat ride to be at Orient Point, Long Island. That lands us in a beautiful spot of Long Island abundant with amazing farm stands and vineyards. It's simply beautiful.

I plan on making a special trip or two this summer just to do a photo essay of Long Island Farm Stands and one for the vineyards, too!

But for now, here is a recap of food and fashion from part 1 of our trip!


Ferry breakfast was delicious! Bacon, Egg and Cheese on a Crossaint and a much needed LARGE Coffee!

I wanted to wear something nice for the shower, but knew that between the convertible and a ferry I was going to have to be crafty to keep warm and comfortable on this beautiful April day! I wore a long electric blue maxi (Old Navy) with a crochet white top over it (H&M). And thankfully at the last minute I grabbed my leather jacket (Wilson's Leather). It definitely came in handy all weekend!


One of my favorite parts of this day (there were so many!) was stopping at a cute farm stand called Harbes. We wanted to stop and get something for our hosts and we couldn't have picked a nicer place! As we walked up, the first thing I noticed was a DELICIOUS smell! It turned out to be fresh homemade doughnuts. A really nice woman and sweet little girl offered us each one for free - I couldn't resist! Unfortunately, I ate it too fast to stop and get a picture - but trust me, you need to try one of these if you ever have the chance!


Harbes Farm Stand

Part 2 up next - all about the beautiful Long Island Bridal Shower!!! Stay tuned :)

Comments