Sweet Sweet Potato Side Dish

No, there is not a typo in the title. This sweet potato side dish is sweet!
I actually had a really hard time coming up with a name for this dish...it was so hard to capture the sweet potato goodness in a title! So if you have any ideas, please feel free to leave a comment! 

On Easter, I was looking for a side dish recipe to contribute to our family meal. We weren't sure what the main dish was going to be yet, so I wanted to come up with something that would go with anything. And this delicious and extremely easy side dish can go with anything! Chicken, turkey, lamb, steaks, fish....anything!

And easy is so important with a 3 month old. The more steps there are lately, the more chances there are for me to get distracted while I am cooking and entertaining my happy baby. Cooking anything has turned into a show at my house! And honestly, I have had more failed recipe attempts than successes lately so I was determined to make something delicious.

If you look at the ingredients, you might think this is more of a Fall dish with the warm hints of comfort of the ground nutmeg and cinnamon I admit it makes me think of Thanksgiving - but that's a good thing if you ask me!

Ever since Easter, this has been my go-to side dish so I always have at least 2 sweet potatoes in the kitchen at all times!

Sweet Sweet Potato Side Dish


What You'll Need:
2 Large Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 tablespoons Butter
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar*
A dash of Cinnamon
A dash of Ground Nutmeg

How You'll Do It:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix everything together in a casserole dish.
3. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft and golden (time may vary based on how small you cube).

Could it be any easier?! Could it be any more delicious?! Nope!

*The second time I made this I was out of brown sugar, so I sprinkled just a little regular sugar on it and it was still delicious! (just a little tip in case you run out of ingredients as much as I do and don't realize it until it's too late to go to the store before dinner!)

**Bonus - my dog got really sick a few days after Easter. She wouldn't touch her food. She wouldn't even eat the chicken and rice I made for her. I was just about to take her in to the vets when I thought I would try one last thing - sweet potatoes! She LOVED it! I had to make more! So, dogs are also a fan of this recipe :)

Comments