Whiskey Maple Syrup

I am obsessed with syrup! I want to eat it, I want to make diy syrup, I even have learned how to tap a maple tree and collect sap so I can make the real stuff! (Coming soon to S4Y!)

I kind of remind myself of that scene from the movie Elf. ..
Just call me Buddy!

Needless to say, I have been going through bottles and bottles of maple syrup lately... I'll put syrup on just about anything.

The exciting news is I have a quick and easy DIY syrup recipe to share. ..that includes whiskey! What could be better than Syrup + Whiskey + Bacon?! Pair this whiskey maple syrup with some delicious bacon (or spaghetti) and your day is made!

It's so easy, my husband and I actually made a huge batch and gave it to our friends and family for Christmas a few years ago. It was a hit!   



What You'll Need:

1 cup water
1 and 1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp Whiskey (I used Bushmills)
1 tsp maple extract or imitation maple flavoring

yields about 1.5 cups of syrup!







 How You'll Do It:

In a saucepan, whisk all ingredients together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Whisk occasionally and simmer for 20-25 minutes until syrup has thickened.

Serve warm or store in an airtight container in the fridge!

Real Maple Sugaring is coming soon to the search for yum! You won't want to miss this! But for now this diy syrup recipe should hold you over!  

Comments