Nutritious Toddler "Cookies"

My little guys has a HUGE appetite so I am constantly looking for new, healthy snack ideas to satisfy his belly while making sure he is getting all of the nutrients he needs. Let's face it...if I put a box of Ritz crackers in front of him he would eat the entire thing and probably sit there still asking for more. The same goes for bananas. He loves his bananas. So my challenge has definitely been finding ways to change up snack time instead of just falling into the routine of giving him the same things everyday, day after day.
Of course, I turned to Pinterest and have started a healthy toddler snack Pinterest board there you can check out.
The very first thing I tried were these Healthy and Organic Toddler Cookies from the blog Twitchettes. They were a HUGE hit!

Here's how my turned out and I even have a few fun additions to this already great recipe!

What You'll Need:
1 banana
1 Tbs Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1 1/2 tsp Honey (honey is not recommended for children under 1)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
other optional additions: diced apples, spinach (I sneak spinach into everything), chocolate chips, anything else you think your toddler will love!  

How You'll Do It:
Mix it all together, spoon onto baking sheet or I've been preferring to into muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.


Thank you very much to the ladies of Twitchettes for this great idea! Make sure you head over and check out their blog!

Can't wait to share the next one with you...Quinoa Veggie bites!

Comments