CT Food Events This Weekend: June 11 -12

There are SO many fun things to do in CT this weekend! How will I ever Pick!?

I haven't done many local Connecticut posts, because I realize a lot of you reading this blog are from all over the country/world, but there are SO many cool food things happening in my local area I feel like I should be sharing! Even if you aren't close enough to attend, it's cool to see what other local communities are doing. And if you are near southeastern CT, maybe you will find some cool events to check out. 

So I am going to start doing a weekly round up of food/food related events in Southeastern Connecticut. If you ever have something you'd like to share - please feel free to add in the comment section or email me: thesearchforyum@gmail.com and I will get them added to The Search for YUM! So here it is: the first EVER YUM CT FOOD EVENTS post!

CT Food Events this Weekend that I'm excited about
 

Taste of Mystic - Olde Mistick Village, Mystic, June 10-12
One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE food events. EVER. I can say with almost absolute certainty that this single event sparked my love of food, food tasting events and the need to find/share the YUM. IN fact it was one of my very first blog posts: Mystic, CT Area Food Guide: Annual Taste of Mystic Highlights 

Strawberry Fest - Lyman Orchards, Middlefield, June 11
I have never been to this event but I will hopefully be going to this year's! (rain, rain please stay away!) It looks like a very nice family event - complete with a PIE EATING CONTEST that I think I might have to enter. 

Annual Celebration - Connecticut College Arboretum, New London, June 10
Ok, not technically a "food" event. But there will be CAKE LADY CAKE so it needed to be added :)


Comments